Go to footer

Solo Mode?

This Forum is dedicated to the TM² RPG TitlePack

Postby XT3 » 05.01.2014, 02:33

Well Just created only Solo track. Green B5: Banged Up Day. Got some pictures below. Oh yeah that's my Personal Skin also added a Guide Ghost. :D
XT3

Postby Panasco » 05.01.2014, 11:39

Looks nice :thumbup:
How long shold one of these maps be? 3min?
I think I will give B3 - narrow roads a try :D
Panasco

Postby XT3 » 05.01.2014, 14:59

About 3 minutes max I think I started the Get a gripe B2 Take a look at the front page to decide what tracks to make and see what mods to use. Level C you all can use the converted UnderTheSeas Mods. I'll give you all a link to get my most current update on it on its topic on the front page
XT3

Postby XdaC » 05.01.2014, 17:09

thats a very good idea! i thought about that too, nice that somebody is doing it 8)
XdaC

Postby XT3 » 05.01.2014, 17:26

XdaC yeah ythought of this awhile ago. I also have B2: Get a Gripe down with its track, got the ghost guide made, only need high shadows, replay sequence ect.. and at the replay sequence to B5: Banged up wall. I think Panasco has NArrow Roads. I'll start markinmg who has want track on the fisrst post. Pick one and try making one. BLack is off limits for now. I think that should wait till its done.
XT3

Postby Xerox » 06.01.2014, 09:48

What about drifting on boost in diagonal? :)
Its not very used, but it would be nice for people to learn it I think.
Xerox

Postby XT3 » 06.01.2014, 15:58

Xer wrote:What about drifting on boost in diagonal? :)
Its not very used, but it would be nice for people to learn it I think.

Ok that's handled I believe in a different track?level. Also Just made

B2: Get a Grip

I have added everything, Intro, GPS guide (MT), outro, mod and music. :D
XT3

Postby gugaruz » 07.01.2014, 00:23

Can you give a link of one of the finished maps.
With this example gets the solo mod more the same style of mt and same style of mapcreating.

I would do:

White:
-foward pipe
-backwards driving

Green:
-wallbanging

Blue:
- booster drifting
Add Zizaspub--> maniaplanet:///#addfavourite=zizaspub
Join Zizaspub-->maniaplanet:///#join=zizaspub
gugaruz

Postby XT3 » 07.01.2014, 02:23

gugaruz wrote:

Can you give a link of one of the finished maps.
With this example gets the solo mod more the same style of mt and same style of mapcreating.

I would do:

White:
-foward pipe
-backwards driving

Green:
-wallbanging

Blue:
- booster drifting

Adding your claims but Wallbanging is grabbed by me already. Added the clips for others to use no track uploaded yet. Please add track link so I can collect and put the sets together. :D
XT3

Postby gugaruz » 07.01.2014, 04:44

Ok good :)

I begin in the weekends.
Then I do not wallbanging and no mt clips

I take the last update of the solo mode not the first post to choose :D didn't know, that the first post is updated :)
Add Zizaspub--> maniaplanet:///#addfavourite=zizaspub
Join Zizaspub-->maniaplanet:///#join=zizaspub
gugaruz

Postby XT3 » 07.01.2014, 05:16

Great to hear! Hope to see screen shots soon. only takes about 3 days for me to make the Get a Grip
XT3

Postby Panasco » 07.01.2014, 11:42

B3 is alomst finished, expect some screenshots soon ^^
I will also do C2, the harder version of narrow roads!
Panasco

Postby Panasco » 07.01.2014, 13:48

So this is "B3: Closing In - narrow roads".

Just a thought about the solo mode in general:
At the end one person should make all the tracks uniformly (text, intro/ outro (?), fitting times for gold/silver/..., maybe add the level-number (A1,B3,C2,...) with blocks at the start ingame).
Panasco

Postby XT3 » 07.01.2014, 14:50

Want me to do the intro and Into Outro Text ect. The metal times ect.. should be done by the track author. I know I can make the intro and outs already made one. I also think GPS ghosts are optional. So if you all make them and I add the MT. then you all will have to validate as your once again confusing but doable.

Glad to hear I am not the only one making them! :D Also looks amazing Panasco!
XT3

Re: Solo Mode?

Postby gugaruz » 26.03.2014, 17:26

ok, i am finished soon the 3 white tracks. all are here in one map:

-classic pipe:Image

- backwards driving:Image

-Jumping/droping: Image

XT3 knows, what i built and if these 3 tracks are finished, I want another 1 or 2 person/s, who are looking for flickering and give me some feedback too.

Another thing is that i want to push this thread to get more people, who build some maps for the solo mod. there are many free places atm and 3 ppl can't build them so fast
Last edited by gugaruz on 31.03.2014, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
gugaruz

Postby ZiZa » 27.03.2014, 18:01

To be honest i'm not very happy about the whole concept. For me RPG isnt specified by it's tricks, it's the whole track in general that makes it an RPG. So i would prefer to see full tracks, going from short and easy to longer and harder. ofcourse tracks can have a special focus like hard pathfinding or specific tricks, but i want those tracks to be universal rpgs still.
ZiZa

Postby Panasco » 27.03.2014, 18:36

I'm not seeing any problems there...
If you are completely new to RPG there simply are some tricks and methods you need to know. So why not learn them in a single track? Furthermore, as you can tell by the screenshots each track is going to have a unique look and style, not just focusing on the tricks!
Also the last difficult-level will only containd "real" RPGs, so we aren't neglecting the "true spirit" of RPG ;)
(to be honest though, most new RPGs are all about the jumps and flips, not about atmosphere and story >.> )
Panasco

Postby ZiZa » 27.03.2014, 21:13

but my idea behind a solo campaign for RPG is well... RPG-tracks, and i mean all of them. as said, not long and hard at first, but still atmopheric and storytelling
ZiZa

Postby gugaruz » 28.03.2014, 00:10

A little tutorial for newcomers and some who were inspirated from the rpg cups/movies, want begin to drive rpgs. But at first you join a server and you can't handle the difficulty of the rpgs and will leave the rpg mod from tm without getting the chance to get the real flear of rpgs.

and i can remember i played some maps from the tmnf solo mod first before i played online :D and if you don't want to play online, then is a solo mod a good choice. Ofc it's more for the younger generation. Example: in the age, where your parents have the say, it will be definitly a maximal online time about an hour and then what do you want to play without any rpgs in the game (i am talking from children, they won't have the knowledge of this). and these people will fill the server in the future

And i don't want to compare a rpg with a tutorial track.
that's the same, if you compare nadeo tracks with custom created tracks like fs or tech

maybe the full list from white to black is too much. you only need white and green. The black secton is a real rpg, so let them play existing rpg-maps, which advertise the titlepack the most
gugaruz

Postby Xerox » 28.03.2014, 00:22

I find a great idea this Solo mode.
I started playing RPG, without knowing absolutely nothing. I was stuck on the orange curved wall for 1 hour, then I gave up. (I finally didn't make that wall xD)
I just kept playing RPG, because I had and I have so much patience.

But.. nowadays, new players, give up too quickly, so they need to learn some basic tips, so they keep playing RPG.
Keep making this Solo Mode! It looks great, well done.
Xerox

Postby Reahx » 28.03.2014, 14:19

haha same xerox I still knew I was playing castle of shadows by eie and was stuck at the orange curved wall for hours and I saw ppl make it and how to do it, so after practice I finally did it so a solo campaign to train tricks is an awesome idea !
Reahx

Postby ZiZa » 28.03.2014, 16:05

yes, i know we should have easy tracks for beginners, i agree there. What i'm trying to say is that those short and easy tracks should still be proper rpg-tracks, not a collection of similar tricks. It's also fine to add some mediatracker replays so new players can see how certain tricks work. What i dont want is the following: Track A1: 5 minutes basicly the same trick, like balancing. Track A2: 5 minutes of pipes etc etc.

RPG has a huge variety of tricks - tricks that are yet to be discovered in the titlepack. There's no point in training every single one seperate - that's just not was RPG is all about. Let's give them easy and non-frustrating RPG tracks where they get prepared for all the crazy stuff that is played on the servers
ZiZa

Postby HawkGer » 29.03.2014, 03:52

I have to agree with ZiZa here.
First of all the tricks should not be too narrowed down. There are lots of new possibilities with the titlepack. And we have seen with most of the current titlepack tracks that tricks differ quite a lot to TM1 tracks.
I think teaching tricks is not even the most important part. Teaching people how to search for the way and how to read paths would be a much more useful lesson imo.
But anyway, the whole concept is a bit flawed. RPG relies on a solid atmosphere a lot....and with a small track it is quite hard to produce such realistic atmosphere.

What I propose is to build a regular RPG track (10min length or so) and divide that into 3 or 4 parts.
Here is an example:

1st track: A ---> B
2nd track: B --> C
3rd track: C --> D

In the next titlepack version we will have custom checkpoints, so removing the checkpoints for B --> C --> D when making the first track will not be an issue. The great thing is that the track will feel complete, even though every part might only be 3 minutes long. A story could also be added with milestones for every part. Track parts could also be massively reused to tell a story. Something like D --> B --> A would be easily possible.

With the Solo mode we have the chance to set a standard for RPG tracks and I don't want that standard to be some half-finished looking RPG with trial tricks, boring repetitions and no atsomphere / story / etc.
I hope that wasn't too harsh what Ziza and me said...but it kinda needed to be said. Especially because none of you guys even considered asking the titlepack creators if what you guys were planning is also what we have in mind for the titlepack.

Btw. this idea that I wrote about above is only something that I thought about just now. Of course you guys can also suggest other ideas to that...it's not like we set anything in stone here. ZiZa, maxi031 and me are too busy with other stuff right now anyway to focus on this.
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby XT3 » 29.03.2014, 14:32

I can try to organize this Hawkger. I might as well as I started the topic. SO I guess here is where I stand. I think that Solo mode is more of an adventure mode. Its a single giant story. So then each of the RPG tracks is a mission. THis is where you are hunting an object and you must get to the end of the track which is how you get the treasure. AS you unlock the treasure you can move on in the tracks, which each diffcultiny changing the mod and in fact changes the.

So i'd say that like before:
White: GrandeMuraille
Green: EmeraldRally
Blue: UnderTheSeas[TM2]
Red: Anceints/ Victoriana
Black: Ghost's Lantern 2/ 2084 v1/ Mass Effect/ Cryo
Now that's an idea, anyone else hate it or like it? Cause I can start making a map or design for it. i'll start organizing it. If that's fine with everyone else that is.
XT3

Postby HawkGer » 29.03.2014, 17:13

Why don't we start with this some time after MP3 is out? You will have 3x as many objects available, custom cp and custom lights....among a whole lot of other features. Sounds reasonable? ;)
HawkGer
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to RPG TitlePack