Go to footer

Solo Mode?

This Forum is dedicated to the TM² RPG TitlePack

Postby eie » 06.12.2013, 18:46

A mix of all the tricks in a colour as a final map, that may be nice yeah =) but I think each map should have a single trick and variations of it, to practice.

These are tutorials, and not supposed to be superhard, and if everything from red is moved to blue, what do you really want for red?
I'm too cool to have a signature...
eie

Postby XT3 » 06.12.2013, 19:17

eie wrote:I made a draft list of the track types, what do you think of it? anything missing? anything should be placed in another difficulty?

White:
Intro map.
Forward pipe.
jumping/dropping.
backwards driving.
airbraking

Green:
Normal pipe turning.
wallrides against a wall.
narrow roads.
pathfinding.
wallbanging.

Blue:
Pipe turning with vertical pipe obstacle.
jumping/dropping from narrow road to platform.
booster drifting.
easy turtling.
advanced pathfinding.

Red:
Pipe dropping.
jumping/dropping from narrow roads to to narrow road.
wallrides and getting on a wallride. (Not sure if possible in TM2?)
hard turtling.

Black:
Mix of all stunts.

Sounds good to me. Now I say there needs to be names and mods added. I can help with a track or two :D
XT3

Postby Mario » 06.12.2013, 19:54

Its a solo mode, not a tutorial, imo tutorial is ok for white, but then it should be normal maps.
Mario

Postby Zenit » 06.12.2013, 20:09

i really would like to see these tricks on a "training map"

like inside a tempel ... and every trick uses the same background and the trick is build like a parcour

:D
Zenit

Postby Vklf » 06.12.2013, 22:40

White: Easy tricks training
Green: Easy tricks mini rpg

Blue: Hard tricks training
Red: Hard (and easy) tricks mini rpg

Black: HoF :crazy:
Vklf

Postby eie » 06.12.2013, 23:51

Mario wrote:Its a solo mode, not a tutorial, imo tutorial is ok for white, but then it should be normal maps.
I was thinking solo mode would be for beginners to RPG so they could learn and practice RPG tricks. If people want to play normal maps they can always go on a server, but there have never been any servers to help people practice tricks?

Also, what about having one mod for each colour? So white could be GM, green could be whatever, etc..., so people can feel the progress.
eie

Postby XT3 » 07.12.2013, 03:15

I agree with you eie. I see them as places to hone ones skills more than anything else.
XT3

Postby Geekthenet » 07.12.2013, 09:59

You dont need to add any MT at all to teach them. They will just see the gold medal riding it the good way and they will try to replicate it.
TMX : My latest track : Track Info - TMX

Geekthenet

Postby Shortz » 07.12.2013, 11:21

just add some fancy look-a-like nadeo outro cams :D
Proud Member of team BX3, no loose ends!
Youtube
Shortz

Postby XT3 » 08.12.2013, 00:40

So let me put together what we have so far. The mods for each flag, so far there is only five mods DefaultMod, GrandeMuraille, IslaDeMuraMuerta and MassEffect. So any complainants? I agree with eie's outline of the complain.

The Solo Campaign
White:
Mod: DefaultMod
Intro map.
Forward pipe.
jumping/dropping.
backwards driving.
airbraking

Green:
Mod: GrandeMuraille
Normal pipe turning.
wallrides against a wall.
narrow roads.
pathfinding.
wallbanging.

Blue:
Mod: UnderTheSeas[TM2]
Pipe turning with vertical pipe obstacle.
jumping/dropping from narrow road to platform.
booster drifting.
easy turtling.
advanced pathfinding.

Red:
Mod: IslaDemuerta
Pipe dropping.
jumping/dropping from narrow roads to to narrow road.
wallrides and getting on a wallride. (Not sure if possible in TM2?)
hard turtling.

Black:
Mod: MassEffect
Mix of all stunts.

Outline by Eeie :D
XT3

Postby eie » 08.12.2013, 01:16

I'm hoping we get another mod, because default isn't really a mod, and thus not in the style of RPG. I think white should be GM, because that's the first major mod of TM, and players could be presented with that first =)

black could be a fire or ice mod, to reference Oach or hof (if we ever get such a mod ^^)

I like under the seas for blue, since sea is blue =)

Another trick for white or green: forced camera perspective. if you by example is force to watch you car from the front or something.
eie

Postby XT3 » 08.12.2013, 01:34

eie wrote:I'm hoping we get another mod, because default isn't really a mod, and thus not in the style of RPG. I think white should be GM, because that's the first major mod of TM, and players could be presented with that first =)

black could be a fire or ice mod, to reference Oach or hof (if we ever get such a mod ^^)

I like under the seas for blue, since sea is blue =)

Another trick for white or green: forced camera perspective. if you by example is force to watch you car from the front or something.

alright! I like it! I could converted the GM mod if you want I almost have UnderTheSeas truly set up for the RPG Pack. It would take me time though compared to UnderTheSeas as I had free time. :S But I can start! and the force perspectives is a must as we have seen them all the time! :D Don't forget the key and Lock MT works where you can't access a room or area till to hit another trigger. ^^

I'll post the idea of the Campaign of the mode on my first post.
XT3

Postby eie » 08.12.2013, 01:49

We already have GM=Grande Muraille? we would just need another mod for green, but we can make those maps last and hope someone make a mod till then, or you could if you have the time :)
eie

Postby GSNPaul » 08.12.2013, 01:59

First of all, I'd also like to help with the solo campaign. :)

[quote='Geekthenet']
You dont need to add any MT at all to teach them. They will just see the gold medal riding it the good way and they will try to replicate it.
[/quote]
I don't think this is a good idea. The gold medal ghost might be too fast for many beginners (as might even be silver/bronze) and some tricks are just not that self-explanatory that just showing them would be enough (e.g. turtling).

What I instead propose is doing it in a way similar to what I did in my 2011 track The Turtle, which is basically a RPG tutorial with heavy MT usage including commented GPSes for half the CPs, alternative routes and various other hints throughout the track.

Now, I'm not saying that the way I did it there is perfect, in fact there are many things I would do different if I remade it now. On several occasions where it was played online I noticed that some spots were still not "noob-proof" enough and some of the explanations/directions were too unclear.

But the general idea could be the same: GPS replays together with text instructions about which keys to press, what speed to drive etc. Perhaps you could even make it so that the replay pauses whenever there's text shown (as you might have seen in tutorials in other games some time). Also, the style of the MT should be the same throughout the campaign.

[quote='eie']
I made a draft list of the track types, what do you think of it? anything missing? anything should be placed in another difficulty?

(...)
[/quote]
Some additions:
- hill climbing on platform/dirt/walls (especially at slopes of 45
GSNPaul

Postby XT3 » 08.12.2013, 02:04

eie wrote:We already have GM=Grande Muraille? we would just need another mod for green, but we can make those maps last and hope someone make a mod till then, or you could if you have the time :)

I GOT GOOD NEWS FOR YOU. :D I got two in mind. One I have released Ghost's Lantern. I can finally update the mod for the blocks and then its done after I remake the moods. Plus I have a new present that I can convert as well. Its special and one kind I haven't seen in a long time plus I added a lot but I'd need time to recreate the same effects for that one. :wacko:
XT3

Postby Shortz » 08.12.2013, 02:16

or we ask nadeo, I know the mapper from all those nadeo maps if he want to help us. Would be maybe very funny.
Proud Member of team BX3, no loose ends!
Youtube
Shortz

Postby XT3 » 08.12.2013, 02:33

Wait really? that'd be really funny! I'd like it! Him helping us! Oh that'd give us(trackmania RPG community) a big boost!
XT3

Postby eie » 08.12.2013, 12:29

GSNPaul wrote:And also one general point: as we are now playing in a new game and there are tons of new objects, some of the tricks on that list might actually be very rarely used in new tracks. Vice versa (and more importantly) there might be new tricks/techniques/block combinations becoming very popular in the months to come. So at some point it could very well be that the solo campaign needs to be extended.
This one is for sure. I think driving inside pipes can make a nice map =) and we've just got half of the objects.

water-driving is another one. but we'll fill on the list in time ^^
XT3 wrote:I GOT GOOD NEWS FOR YOU. :D I got two in mind. One I have released Ghost's Lantern. I can finally update the mod for the blocks and then its done after I remake the moods. Plus I have a new present that I can convert as well. Its special and one kind I haven't seen in a long time plus I added a lot but I'd need time to recreate the same effects for that one. :wacko:
great =)) I'm sure we have enough time to wait for nice mods ;)
eie

Postby XT3 » 08.12.2013, 14:49

ah I forgot about the whole objects. I agree that we would have to use objects in the solo mode but I know that the "old way" should still be practiced. The roots cant be forgotten. So any suggestions o what object tricky we need other than pipe driving?
XT3

Postby Geekthenet » 08.12.2013, 19:42

Shortz wrote:or we ask nadeo, I know the mapper from all those nadeo maps if he want to help us. Would be maybe very funny.
Could maybe be nice. But what does he know about RPG :crazy:
TMX : My latest track : Track Info - TMX

Geekthenet

Postby Mario » 08.12.2013, 21:46

Im sure if Papychampy has the time he will help a bit ;)

and since it seems like u are starting it..please use custom blocks on every track u will build, and if its only for scenery then its okay, but make a few pathes between the tricks also with custom blocks, since all tracks which will be played online are also made with custom clocks.
Mario

Postby XT3 » 09.12.2013, 03:34

No Mario we didn't really start it. But I do agree objects for path finding will be the biggest part of it.
XT3

Postby Zenit » 09.12.2013, 23:09

a suggestion:

the really last map: Black E05 should be use the oach.. mod and ofc should be as hard as the original :P
Zenit

Postby basbaas » 10.12.2013, 08:51

Shortz wrote:or we ask nadeo, I know the mapper from all those nadeo maps if he want to help us. Would be maybe very funny.
I'm not sure if Papychampy would be up for that. He told me he's already really busy at the moment, making looong hours. He's mostly the last guy to leave the 'nadeolive' building every afternoon.. Would still be really cool to see some maps by him, I'm sure he would do an amazing job. =)
basbaas

Postby XT3 » 10.12.2013, 17:54

Never knew Basbaas. good to know! I have to say that Solo mode should be thought through and i am glad that a lot of people have been talking about this and throwing around ideas.
XT3

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to RPG TitlePack