Go to footer

Can't join Pixel or Kack, Tutorial how

Get help on setting up a server and present it once it's finished

Postby Promaxer » 09.12.2010, 20:22

Guys today i tried to join Kacklappen server and ups!
:shit:

What tha fuck append? since that freezone update that i cant join some servers and on the trackmania website theres nothing to update my tmnf acc.
[font='Impact, Compacta, Chicago, sans-serif'][/font]
Promaxer

Postby Tabasco » 09.12.2010, 20:45

Pixel and Kacklappen can join with TMU and TMNF, so it is ok.

But why??

Serverjoin is right??? tmtp://#join=mfgroot15

You try new install???

Backup the old TM folder
Tabasco

Postby Promaxer » 09.12.2010, 20:56

well can you see in the picture: "Not Freezone Server. You need a Trackmania United Forever account" ? :thinking:
Promaxer

Postby Housekeepr » 09.12.2010, 20:57

IMPORTANT

NEWS !!!

To all TrackMania Nations Forever players with a free account,

Since one year, the in game advertising revenues are in troubles and Microsoft is now even closing the whole thing down.

In order to adapt to the new situation, Nadeo has decided to make an evolution on the way players get access to the online servers.

Players with a free account will now have direct access only to freezone servers, hosted by Nadeo. In order to have access to any other server, they will have to go through the use of the favorite server function. The goal of this operation is to better welcome the free players in a place that encourage them more to buy the paying game (TrackMania United Forever) while preserving the capacity for the most enthusiastic players to access to all servers.

To upgrade your account, go in the profile page in the main menu of the game.

We are aware that the game can't be bought by many (even in some nations) This is why we keep the solution to enter a server with the favorite list function. This list will be reset and limited to three for free account. A server can simply be added through a tmtp link like this "tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin"

For your information, around one third of connections are from paying accounts. The Nadeo team is working hard to have the capacity for all simultaneous players using free accounts. If we encounter unforeseen issues, we will try to adapt quickly to the situation and we apologized before if we create troubles. We have been informed really late by our partner that they are shutting down our contracts, and we now have to quickly adapt.

Looking forward to your comments
Florent
Nadeo Managing Director

Source from TM Forum: TM-FORUM
Proffesional Soldiers are predictable, but the world is full with dangerous Amateurs!
Housekeepr

Postby Tabasco » 09.12.2010, 20:57

I see but i mean pixel and kacklappen are in freezone.......
Tabasco

Postby Housekeepr » 09.12.2010, 20:59

No Tabasco they're not... Nadeo classified all servers to "united"

the FreeZone Servers are hosted by NADEO itself...

However The servers like Pixel with (nations maps) are reachable for TMNF players see my post above how...
Proffesional Soldiers are predictable, but the world is full with dangerous Amateurs!
Housekeepr

Postby Tabasco » 09.12.2010, 21:05

Ok thx for this.............

Our Post: 21:57

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:27 in the other Board: TM-FORUM
Tabasco

Postby Housekeepr » 09.12.2010, 21:11

People are complaining heavily, and im sure some future changes will happen again... soon...

The running cups, are cancelled, and stuff like that.. cause they can't play and relay servers can't be joined, only by United players... this is really a bad move.. but sincerly it seemed NAdeo was forced to do so...

For the players who wanna add the servers (RPG) to their favorites as Nations players...

It would be nice if Big Al could post the serverlogin names like mfgroot15...

tmtp://#addfavourite=mfgroot15 << this way... insert it in the link browser, where we as united players browse to the maniabrowser, it will be added to the favorites...
Housekeepr

Postby trunks_11 » 09.12.2010, 21:22

now i understand all these freezone servers in germany on first page and in the other countrys.

Very nice post house!
trunks_11

Postby Housekeepr » 09.12.2010, 21:42

Quote from Florent:

The game is still free.

We need to adapt the freezone. Before it was between United and Nations servers. Now it will be between free servers and and paying servers. But these servers will evolve and may become handled by players.

in fact, ManiaLive is running on the server

Updates and News from the forum will be posted here for now, to keep you guys updated in changes...

Newsflash

Florent
Post subject: Re: FREEZONEPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:10 am

Developer

about competitions need, I repeat that there is a topic here
TM-FORUM
Housekeepr

Postby Promaxer » 09.12.2010, 21:47

I think ill make a message to focus or nadeo saying that most off portuguese people i talked on the freezone servers is about to leave TM- TRUE! -and if this keeps in this way ill leave tm also...
:nono:
Promaxer

Postby Housekeepr » 09.12.2010, 22:12

Promaxer, its still possible to join rpg servers, please wait on the end changes...

Cause it aint Nadeo, but Microsoft who is forcing their hands... :(
Housekeepr

Postby Promaxer » 09.12.2010, 22:27

oh :( ok.
Promaxer

Postby Housekeepr » 09.12.2010, 22:45

Look:

Report: Microsoft to close in-game advertising company Massive
By Ben Kuchera | Last updated 2 months ago
Massive was Microsoft's push into video game advertising and, since we live in an ad-filled world and games seek to mimic that reality, it seemed like a good fit. According to a report by Media Week however, the company has long been troubled, and will soon be shutting its doors.

The problem? Microsoft would rather advertise in Xbox Live, where it doesn't have to split the profits with publishers. EA recently pulled its business from Massive in order to sell ads internally. It's not that you will be seeing less advertising in games, it just seems as if those making large bets on in-game ads would simply rather keep larger cuts for themselves.

"Video games are an active, engaged, 'lean-forward' entertainment experience," Massive GM JJ Richards told Ars in 2009, making the case for advertising in video games. "Games in Massive's network contain four to five minutes of advertising or less per hour. Contrast that with an hour of television where consumers are likely to be exposed to at least 12 minutes of interruptive advertising."

Ads in games are a controversial subject, but with the price of development swelling and the price of software remaining stagnant or even dropping, it's one way for developers and publishers to add to the bottom line. In-game advertising will continue, but Microsoft isn't going to find itself in a position to dominate the market.

This is the reason, its already walking for a year, but now TM got involved for it...

Source: Report: Microsoft to close in-game advertising company Massive
Housekeepr

Postby -|MfG|-Big Alâ„¢ » 10.12.2010, 00:02

Oh my god...strange things happen...
I just read all very fast, i will read it again tomorrow more detailed...
just for now i sent the serveraccounts to add pixel and the 2 kack servers:
tmtp://#addfavourite=tecfan3
tmtp://#addfavourite=mfgroot4
tmtp://#addfavourite=mfgroot5
dunno if it helps to make a link of that, or if that just can be done ingame, i will stay tuned tomorrow...
-|MfG|-Big Alâ„¢

Postby Housekeepr » 10.12.2010, 07:38

Ok for the TMNF Players let me explain what to do!

Bring your mouse all the way up in the menu. U will see a bar appearing, where the time is displayed, but also a purple dot.
See the Screen! Click on it to open the Maniabrowser. This is also now open for TMNF players. With a lot of restrictions...

Remove anything that stands there, and fill in the server you wanna add to your favorites.

tmtp://#addfavourite=tecfan3
tmtp://#addfavourite=mfgroot4
tmtp://#addfavourite=mfgroot5

Choose one of those for the RPG Servers Big Al named. Or another serverloginname if you want another server afcourse.
Then press enter, like entering an adress in an Internet Browser.

The server will appear within a minute in your favorites.
So we go check, Play Online followed by Favorites... and u will see the server again, and u can join it now.

U can only add 3 Servers as Max. to your Favorites...

Hopefully this will help you forward.
If not feel free to ask questions. :)

Further there is nothing news yet from the TM community. Only a lot of TMNF players who are feeding a negative discussion about this development...
Last edited by Housekeepr on 10.12.2010, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Housekeepr

Postby Housekeepr » 10.12.2010, 11:51

Here is an Explanation why these actions are taken by Nadeo. Thanks W1lla for the information on tm-forum

Why in-game advertising?
The harsh economics of game development and publishing: despite more people than ever playing games, in the past five years alone almost 100 game developers and publishers have gone out of business.

It now costs more than ever to make a great game. A typical AAA-quality multi-platform next-generation release with blockbuster graphics and audio production, compelling storyline and strong multiplayer offering will cost upwards of $15 million to develop. For the biggest titles, which often include licensing costs and huge global marketing campaign, the total costs can exceed $30 million.

At the same time, margins for developers and publishers are being continuously squeezed by price competition between retailers, not to mention piracy, shared games and used game sales.

And yet even with the price increase for the newest consoles, games are actually cheaper today than they were over a decade ago. In the early 1990
Housekeepr

Postby -|MfG|-Big Alâ„¢ » 10.12.2010, 12:05

Nadeo (Florent) wrote:
as for the new ones, we already think on how to make servers hosted by players enter the freezone. They could have the responsibility to convert or a coppers equation deal: give coppers to be in the freezone but receive coppers when players convert. This is another topic and not for today. In fact, we need to work a better model, and maybe like we did in the TM history, we will see that over time.

So I am sure there will be some solutions...

TM-FORUM
-|MfG|-Big Alâ„¢

Postby Housekeepr » 10.12.2010, 15:39

Update! New Tool Arrived!

NoSlide - Trackmania ServerLister

The NoSlide Trackmania ServerLister is a small tool that lets you view many thousands of Trackmania-Servers.
The tool lets you directly add those servers to your favorites, join them or spectate them - even when you use a free TM Version.
More features are coming soon, stay tuned.

Download and info here:

TM-FORUM
Housekeepr

Postby Promaxer » 10.12.2010, 19:29

Sweet!
thks house 8o
Promaxer

Postby Tabasco » 10.12.2010, 19:41

I put it in first Post.

When its offline or anythink you can download the viewer here

Unpack and finish
Tabasco