Go to footer

GM Mod for Bay II RPG United future

GM Mod for Bay II RPG United future

Postby HawkGer » 13.06.2010, 16:28

With the new mapping technology I immediately thought an RPG in Bay with stadium physics could be nice. Haven't tried much with it yet but I had the idea to make a Bay version of the GM Mod. I only spent 20 minutes on that mod and edited only two or three textures by hand but I hope it still looks okay ^^ The walls of the platform blocks are completely nontransparent now, so closed rooms could be achieved. Although I guess that is hard to master...maybe with some sophisticated blockmixing involved :)
Download (62MB):
http://www.vinummusik.de/Trackmania/GM%20Bay.zip

HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby occam » 13.06.2010, 16:44

[quote='HawkGer']With the new mapping technology I immediately thought an RPG in Bay with stadium physics could be nice. Haven't tried much with it yet but I had the idea to make a Bay version of the GM Mod. I only spent 20 minutes on that mod and edited only two or three textures by hand but I hope it still looks okay ^ ^ The walls of the platform blocks are completely nontransparent now, so closed rooms could be achieved...[/quote]

wow, great work :- )

...the new technique indeed seems to get people inspired and wondering if it can be applied for RPG (and after all MixD told us yesterday, that Mods can be used with the new technique :- D)

JumperJack in a PM (hope JJ does not mind me quoting^ ^ wrote:well, don't you think that this could be a whole new field of inspiration in the world of RPGs?! : D
i see possibilities at least. i just personally haven't got time to build one. : P
but when someone does (and for some reason i'm sure that you'll know about it ^ ^'), i'd really like to race it!! :- D...
i guess JJ is more than "excused" not having time to build an RPG, being big part of the organization of 'Revelation Skirmish' and all :->>

will be interesting to see what is possible for RPG with this 'Environment Mix Technology' MixD gave the TM Community :- D

:)

occam

Postby sol666 » 13.06.2010, 17:10

could be a nice idea. the mixing process is ridiculously easy, at least when you have an already mixed base map. with that base map, i managed to mix some envis together after i've seen the maps on tmx today. mixing doesn't influence the environment at all, so mods will of course work. the only thing that disturbs me (as a dirt driver) is the fact that every surface feels like asphalt when using stadium car physics in it. had the hope that driving on rally "dirt" feels like stadium dirt, but i was disappointed. next problem is the speed for jumps: blocks are built for the physics of the cars for each environment, so it is quite hard to get something driveable done with other driving physics. this isn't as important in rpg tracks, so it might be worth a try.
Last edited by sol666 on 14.06.2010, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
sol666

Postby Golo » 14.06.2010, 09:52

Great idea 8)

Not even thought of a new kind of RPG first.

So, Ill try to do something for sure but cant promise if it really will work the way I want to.
Golo

Postby Golo » 14.06.2010, 14:08

I just tried to build something and I love it... works really well imo.

Do you think it would be possible in island as well (maybe platforms aint so beautiful)?
Golo

Postby HawkGer » 14.06.2010, 16:09

That sounds promising :) You mean a GM version in Island? I haven't touched a single island texture yet so I'm gonna have to look what is possible. The platform walls look like they are even more complex than the ones in Bay though...let's see ^^
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby HawkGer » 14.06.2010, 18:13

The platform blocks in Island are actually pretty nice...best thing is you can drag them...spares you a lot of time ^^ Quite copper intensive though..
I haven't edited a single texture manually so it may look weird at some places (also boosters can't be seen right now). If you want to have something changed you can post it here. Just not sure right now if it's of any use anyway...

GM Island download: http://www.vinummusik.de/Trackmania/GM%20Island.zip

HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby HawkGer » 21.11.2010, 19:31

Doesn't really have to do anything with this topic..but I didn't want to open a new one ^^
I would just like to see a few new United RPG's. And with TMUnlimiter this is now easier than ever. Maybe some of you haven't realized this yet as everyone has given up on TMU RPG's. For example building room structures in Bay is now really easy and low on coppers. If you use the 7-4-4 block for walls and 7-2-3-7 block for the ground you can almost have a stadium RPG structure. Only problem are the roofs if you want to create a closed room.
You can even change the car physics to stadium so it's almost like stadium ifself...just with different blocks.
I'm curious if anyone is building on a United RPG or if there is any interest at all. Maybe if there is interest people could join together to make one brilliant track.
The only problem is that there are not really any RPG suited mods around. Even the Myst mod is not optimized for the new building possibilities.
So someone would have to work on that. Too bad I'm too busy, I would have done it gladly.

Well those are my thoughts. What do you think? Is United RPG dead or can it be revived with the help of TMUnlimiter?
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby trunks_11 » 22.11.2010, 13:20

I built a tmunited rpg... its ready to be played.. i used the 1. gm mod, but i did the most work with trackstudio :S We
trunks_11

Postby Mario » 22.11.2010, 14:22

I build a mini rpg on stadium with rally car

Track Info - TMX
Mario

Postby trunks_11 » 22.11.2010, 15:50

Thats not really united rpg.. united rpg is with united blocks^^ :stick:
trunks_11

Postby dope! » 22.11.2010, 17:17

the problem about the other enviroments is that i got used to the stadium blocks, which took a lot of time.
and im too lazy to discover the posibilities in the other enviroments.. sadly, cuz im convinced that there is a lot of potential
so gogogo tmu mappers, who already have the knowledge to deal with that blocks :)
dope!

Return to Board index

Return to RPG-United