Go to footer

[HELP] Frozen Screen > Invalid Time

Trouble with driving techniques, problems setting up a server etc.? Ask away..

[HELP] Frozen Screen > Invalid Time

Postby Housekeepr » 26.05.2011, 19:14

Hi all,

I've been irritating myself lately again to a issue i have, on which i can't seem to solve the problem.
Here's whats happening. Im driving an RPG Map (doesn't matter which one) but mostly on longer maps, after a while...
(tonight i drove Detroit, after 35min @ CP 55 a player joins the server, while theyre alrdy like 10 players and people joined before too nothing happend, but then "a player joins" and my screen Freezes for a second or 2 and i get an invalid time...)

Then i start over... after 1h20min @ CP 85... a player joins, my screen freeze's and invalid time...
This happens on almost any server i am, doesnt matter which one...

I posted this issue on TM-forum, but they couldnt get a solution,
I tried to lower and higher my settings, but the issue stays,
I tried to re-install my TM, the issue stays
I even re-installed Windows and the issue stays
I updated my video-card up to date, which is a quite good one, the issue stays

Soooo...
Any toughts?
I could really appriciate any tought to fix this annoying solution...

Thnx in advance
HouseKeepR
Proffesional Soldiers are predictable, but the world is full with dangerous Amateurs!
Housekeepr

Postby nom² » 26.05.2011, 19:22

i have those issues if my skype is running too long :wacko:
but then i get 20sec lags :D
nom²

Postby trunks_11 » 26.05.2011, 19:44

i think the invalid time comes because of a bad internet acces... and when you have opened too much programs which use "internet" it starts to lag, and when there
trunks_11

Postby Igntul » 26.05.2011, 20:27

all i know about that is that i was getting 2-3s lags every time a player joined when i was playing heaven's on fire, but no red time, just a 3s lag..
no ideas about your problem :s tried to hide the chat?
:cookie:
Igntul

Postby Housekeepr » 26.05.2011, 20:31

Thnx for the reactions,
Ign, Both time i drove with star, so no time no chat no aseco nothing in my screen,

And i dont have much programs running using internet while i play TM trunks, i do use skype also, but i can't think its the problem, i also have it without using it...
Its really strange issue :(

Normally i have my own server running aswell, and no problems with it.
As long a player doesn't join i can drive on as long as i want without having it.
And its not with every player, but just randomly after some time, from other players i dont even notice them coming in (when i pressed star)
So yes its quite okward...
Proffesional Soldiers are predictable, but the world is full with dangerous Amateurs!
Housekeepr

Postby HawkGer » 26.05.2011, 21:44

Maybe try clearing your cache....just a hunch....but maybe there are some files in your cache that load really slow for some reason and that get activated when a certain player joins....

And does this still occur when you disable download of custom content? Maybe disable custom skins....
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby PCC_NS » 27.05.2011, 18:05

External hard disks sometimes plugged into USB are slow
PCC_NS

Postby Housekeepr » 27.05.2011, 18:58

@ Hawkger, I tried both, but after 22min on a map named puzzletime i got the same issue again when a player joined, also with downloads off

@ PCC i dont use a external hard disk.

:/
Housekeepr

Postby dose » 28.05.2011, 12:33

Hi House! I hade this problem too once ; after i've
Install "antivirus AVAST full 6"
I've just adjusted "the firewall to "allow" TMUF ;) Even if it was already "allowed".I think an update hade "block" it.

If not, you could try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus during playtime ;) since you don't really need it ;)

Good luck !!

:pleasantry:
MY WEBSITE
AND
FACEBOOK RPG FORUM
????
dose

Return to Board index

Return to Other