Go to footer

[RPG] Nameless track

Present your finished tracks in here

[RPG] Nameless track

Postby oloG » 24.06.2015, 18:35

Hey RPG folks,

I finally finished the track and released it.
However, I didnt make a "light" version with less scenery yet. I have no idea how much time and motivation I have the next weeks and months and I just wanted to release something right now... but this will be the next thing I will work on...
Also I didnt care about cuts right now, Im sure there are some.
In the finsihed version I added some more scenery at empty places and also did some mt.... you can see it in a video on the mx page if you cant play it... heres the link:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/tr/87876
oloG

Re: [RPG] Nameless track

Postby HawkGer » 24.06.2015, 20:07

Everyone check this track out! And if you don't have TM2 at least watch this video of the track:
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby Pulse Ziza » 24.06.2015, 20:23

well, i cant award that master piece because of fucking MN weird bug account but i award it here ! :>

crazy golo :3 :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Pulse Ziza

Postby HawkGer » 24.06.2015, 20:29

Btw. why call it Nameless track...that doesn't do this track any justice...I want some more adventurous sounding name :D
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby gugaruz » 26.06.2015, 07:17

whooop, finally this map is finished, my pc lags on some parts too, but i really enjoyed the ride.
this driving time was it defenetly worth
i love the ideas what you put into this rpg
golo, i want to try the original game aswell!

here is also some feedback of my side:
pros:
-music is great
-very adventurous
-cool story
-little and effective mt-effect
-you created an intro and outro

cons:
-some parts aren't detailed
-way is to much obvious to drive (follow white mushrooms), you will easily pass all the constructions, what you build
-map size is a bit to much, i miss the complexity of the road. you build the way very simple.
-mapname is a way to "kacky", i expected a good map name like a book has a good title...
-if you want to watch the full intro you don't know exactly, when you can skip. if you want to watch the outro with the cool music off ending, you should add the last screen for more 30 min. otherwise it jumps imidiatly to the beginning of your outro

overall, don't really listen to my negative points, because i know you want to build the map like you did and the fun-factor is on the top!
i guess i have to drive the map 3 times more often :D

if i may ask, how do you get

ps. award will followed after i uploaded my replay
pps. thank you so much for this long and hard work on this map, it's really a plesure to drive your rpg
gugaruz

Postby oloG » 27.06.2015, 01:08

Thanks for feedback :hehe2:

I quote here my awnser to thom,
"Just to explain myself a little: When I started building my usual RPG style I realized that it wouldnt fit to the size of the map(I built some scenery before), so I deleted the route and actually planned to do a (much shorter) FS-like track to cover the far distances, surrounded with big RPG scenery. But then I got some ideas for RPG-like parts which would still keep the flow of the map. I tried some more challenging RPG tricks as well but these didnt fit into the map at that point. So my aim was to build a map with much more flow, less pathfinding and no "RPG tricks" while still keeping it interesting with some unique ideas. The target audience might be different this time so I understand you arent entertained by it :) . But for me it, like mentioned before, it was the most natural way to build on the huge space. I wont build in that space again, but I do not regret it either, actually it was great to try out something different and I couldnt imagine the track any different. My first TP RPG was more similar to the TMN tracks and if I ever build again, I might continue what I did in TMN but I cant really predict anything right now :)"

,just because it might be interresting to hear some background information and maybe you understand a little why I built the track that way. The route is obvious on most places, yes, but I personally think it wouldnt fit to make a pathfinding map out of it. I see that if you liked Nos Astra style e.g. you wont be satisfied with that easy track but on the other hand after all the maps I made and a lot of complaints about too much pathfinding, maybe its not that bad to have one without :hehe:

the trackname has a meaning btw but now everyone understands it has an "out of idea" name... well, I should have seen that coming.... but its just a name after all :P
oloG

Return to Board index

Return to Track Presentations