Go to footer

RPG Vienna Morloch

Present your finished tracks in here

RPG Vienna Morloch

Postby holzbalken » 10.09.2012, 22:40

Heya,

it's been a pretty long time since my last RPG was released - and since nobody cared for anything I released, why not try a [beta/present] for the new one? The path is finished already, I will do one last betatest in the following days, build some scenery
and then it's gonna be released. I even think about a little weekend-compet for the release (so it's at least getting played...).We'll see about that (if you're interested in such thing tell me - but: so many cups ahead already...).

Vienna Morloch - the idea accured after I took part in a discussion about nowaday-tracks with "useless flow", "being more like speed-techies than RPGs", "too short", "quite always the same" etc., so I decided to build an old-RPG-styled track with nowadays methods, still new tricks/stunts, a non-fs-flow (meaning not every corner is made for fsing, many technique-cps, etc.) and really long without being as hellish as D2.

Let's just align some facts about it:
CPs: 90 (5 rings, pretty obvious or in the way, still with MT-reminder)
AT: 30 mins for the final beta, I hope to get it around 25 for the final version, "perfect" time will be something around 23 i think - first run times will be up to 4h.
CC: a little above 20k atm (8.6k blocks), i think with scenery and final fixes it will be ~23k in the end (so pretty much bm, still not messy and, ofc, with as less flickering as possible.
Time spent building: ~60h so far - not too much, many many cps are kept very simple - the first built 60 cps were made in ~25h, but since the structure of the track is pretty fucked up you'll get a nice mixture of building-demanding CPs and ones that were easy to build.
Difficulty is not too high, but still challenging for most of the drivers. I tried to keep it all on a very driveable level, tho there are, like always, some harder and some easier CPs, but the hardest part about it will be the pathfinding.
Mod: Rust Mod (The green hell) by stromek
Story: Not yet, will follow, but won't be too much InGame MT, mostly for Intro/Outro

I'll close with some pics (dont forget: scenery is not yet finished):

I don't want to go into too much detail - no single CP or no detail-view could represent a part of the track, so I decided to do 4 overviews (from every corner) and 4 partial views.

Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Last edited by holzbalken on 15.06.2013, 16:03, edited 4 times in total.
holzbalken

Postby Golo » 11.09.2012, 00:29

and since nobody cared for anything I released
hey,

can you give a link to your other tracks,
I didnt find you on TMX. ?

Your screens are looking great and it all sound interresting :)
Golo

Postby holzbalken » 11.09.2012, 07:23

User's Tracks - TMX

most of the tracks are pretty old and crappy, i updated some of them, everything released after mid-2011 should be relatively playable :D

thx for your feedback so far :)
holzbalken

Postby Igntul » 11.09.2012, 14:09

:D call me
seems really promising, i love this mod
reminds me of some kind of open-style greenhell (and i love greenhell)
:cookie:
Igntul

Postby Clith » 13.09.2012, 11:55

Looks like the one I helped test a while ago. If it is, then its amazing
Clith

Postby Igntul » 13.09.2012, 13:52

yep, tested it and it's great, except for some CP-miss ways, but i guess he'll fix all of them ^^
cant wait for release :thumbsup:
:cookie:
Igntul

Postby holzbalken » 15.06.2013, 16:04

Wow, now that was some time ago... I guess I'll just do the "Present" down here:

Nearly a year after I started this little project and like 9 months until I actually "finished" this project, the release -version is ready!

Let's just align some changes about the facts mentioned above:
CPs: 90 (5 rings, pretty obvious or in the way, still with MT-reminder)
AT: 24:55.33 mins - "perfect" time will be something around a mid-23 i think - first run times will be really depending on the driver (expecting times between 4 and 7h)
CC: 26262
Difficulty is not too high, but still challenging for most of the drivers I guess.
I tried to keep it all on a very driveable level, tho there are, like always, some harder and some easier CPs, but the hardest part about it will be the pathfinding and figuring out how certain tricks work the best.
Mod: Rust Mod (The green hell) by stromek
Story: None - tried to keep it oldschoolish and selfexplicant.
I'll close with some pics of the now finished version (since the old ones are still kinda valid I chose to just add 5 more pics):
Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by holzbalken on 15.06.2013, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
holzbalken

Return to Board index

Return to Track Presentations