Go to footer

A cooperative RPG

Group together to work on the same project and get help with unfinished creations

A cooperative RPG

Postby fabio_m » 04.06.2016, 00:36

hey it's been a while since I've been here :D
I came back to RPG building and with something unique I really wanted to show
This was inspired by seeing in so many ocasions players who don't know the path to go on a certain RPG and have someone guide them and in some cases players who get togheter to finish a certain track
Inspired by that I came up with a track with a same principle but only this time, comunication between players IS IMPERATIVE, the track is UNIFINISHABLE for solo users, insipred in portal 2 I present you the first COOPERATIVE RPG ever :D

I don't think this one can be consider as a "real" rpg, it's more like a puzzle, it's inspired in portal with "test chambers" to solve.... 15 of them....
Without spoiling anything, this is not going to be a track to hunt, there are no rpg skills envolved, only mind skills and problem solving

I hope I can finish everything and release this one in the summer ;)
fabio_m

Re: A cooperative RPG

Postby Xerox » 04.06.2016, 09:20

You might be interested in submitting it to the upcoming RPG competition hosted by Mario. Even if you say that it's more of a puzzle than RPG, maybe it's good to talk with him and see what you guys can do.

Looking forward for that map, hope it's fun and entertaining (:
Xerox

Postby fabio_m » 04.06.2016, 16:21

I'm not sure, it's not a cup track as I mentioned and I think he needs the tracks for july? I don't know if I can release it on time ^^ I want to test it in depth
fabio_m

Postby Mario » 05.06.2016, 11:15

Nice idea, im looking forward to it :)

Even is it isnt a cup track there are ways to combine maps like this and a cup. It could be excluded from the main cup in a small special event (for example teams of 2 players trying to finish your map together, first finisher gets something.

This would make your track getting alot more attention than with a normal release, also for a cup its nice to have some diversity :) You can think about it and write me a pm here if you want to submit it, i would be glad to use it :P
Mario

Postby fabio_m » 08.06.2016, 13:00

hey mario
ye I am considering to open some sort of contest by this track release, probably coppers or tags but still not sure but I like your idea
the way its construction is going I would say I may release it in september... I don't want to rush it too much :)
due some "broken" tests that had to be replaced the track already looks 30% diferent from what I've showed in the teaser ^^
fabio_m

Postby fabio_m » 08.06.2016, 14:13

also another thing I hope anyone can help me that is about the mod
I'm using hawkger's portal center which in tm1 looks perfect for the job but playing it in tm2 it has no transparency, and being the track that it is, it's easier to test it in tm2 since it's possible split screen

has ever been a remade version with the same transparency blocks made for tm1 of portal center?
fabio_m

Return to Board index

Return to Projects & Beta