Go to footer

RPGs with United blocks will be banned from TMNX?

Questions and thoughts about RPG in general

RPGs with United blocks will be banned from TMNX?

Postby Golo » 27.06.2012, 22:06

... is it now fact that RPGs with United blocks will be banned from TMNX?
Because I wont go on building if thats the case sorry.... ( or I have to delete all United blocks, which is no serious alternative...)
Golo

Postby Igntul » 28.06.2012, 15:10

i really dont know what to say...

you made united rpgs, you made nations rpgs, so i expect something great for a mix of that.. but if you dont feel like continuing because it's almost sure it will be deleted, then, well..

it's up to you, if you dont give shit about awards, and only care of making people enjoy new things, then just finish it and upload it on tmux, you can advertize here anyway
:cookie:
Igntul

Postby N00BYZOR » 30.06.2012, 10:03

Indeed this kind of maps will be (at least) get hidden in TMNX...
That's sad since TMNX is the best place to share rpg's :(

it's up to you, if you dont give shit about awards, and only care of making people enjoy new things, then just finish it and upload it on tmux, you can advertize here anyway
You can do that but you'll see your map will be downloaded maybe about 10 times in a month...even if it's an awesome one....and even by advertising here.....
So, uploading such maps on TMNX is not only for awards, but clearly to share it with lot of players.
you definitely need to upload rpg's on TMNX to share it with peoples, it's not only a question of awards, TMUX is a forgotten place for rpg's.... ;(

That's very sad because united blocks brings very lot of new building posibilities and new tricks.....

But if you build a envi-mix rpg, I'll surely play it :gamer:
Last edited by N00BYZOR on 30.06.2012, 10:25, edited 2 times in total.
;)
N00BYZOR

Postby eie » 30.06.2012, 15:16

Is this seriously a concern of yours?
If it really is, you should ask the admins of TMNFX to move your tracks to TMUFX.

And really how could you expect your tracks to stay on TMNFX if they're not compatible with TMNF?
I'm too cool to have a signature...
eie

Postby Golo » 30.06.2012, 20:44

eie wrote:

Thanks for your three different awnsers... I agree on most parts with you, iggy and n00b... so,
well, Ill continue, its rather dependent on my own motivation anyway.
eie wrote:Is this seriously a concern of yours?
If it really is, you should ask the admins of TMNFX to move your tracks to TMUFX.

And really how could you expect your tracks to stay on TMNFX if they're not compatible with TMNF?
I dont get the first part^^
To the second: I do not expect it, thats why I ask ;)
Of course its understandable, but if you think about it, especially from the RPG-scene-point-of-view, youll also find arguments why it shouldnt be deleted.
And I think that rules dont have to be unchangable if there are some special cases (and I consider Envimix RPGs as a special case)
Golo

Postby eie » 01.07.2012, 09:41

Why TMX is split into TMUFX and TMNFX is actually because people without a TMUF account i'snt able to play tracks with blocks from TMUF. How you can expect anything different is not understandable. :s

There are already RPG tracks on TMUFX so I don't understand why wou should have to be treated specially and have your TMUF tracks on TMNFX, but remember; this rant isn't getting anywhere as long as it's on this forum, because nobody here have any control of what's going to happen to your tracks. So go to TMNFX and make a complaint there instead;)
eie

Postby Igntul » 01.07.2012, 11:42

i dont know if you understood he's talking about stadium tracks with some united blocks, and not united tracks..
Igntul

Postby eie » 01.07.2012, 12:33

They're better suited for TMUFX if they've got TMUF-blocks in them, that's what I'm trying to say.

If you downloaded TMUF illegaly, would you rather be looking for TMUF tracks on TMUFX or try to find some on TMNFX? It's a lot more convenient to keep TMUF tracks on TMUFX.

And don't try to bring in TMUnlimiter with different track sizes, because that's hardly relevant o_o
eie

Postby Golo » 01.07.2012, 13:51

For me the difference RPG - "Normal" track"
is bigger than the difference TMNFX - TMUX
(and yeah, as iggy said I meant stadium RPGs with united blocks, United RPGs are very different indeed).
I hope you dont get it wrong, I dont talk about me and my map, I wont complain about anything, I rather talk about the general scene, the possibility to integrate new blocks into RPGs, which gives them new possibilities as N00bizor said... and these possibilities should be recognized if there should be some kind of new life in RPG scene and not get lost at a place noone expect them to be (because of course everyone looks at TMNX for RPGs... so there is a connection which is imo stronger than the one concerning the rules and the theoretical compatibility)+

There are already RPG tracks on TMUFX so I don't understand why wou should have to be treated specially
I just searched for it and well, there are five Stadium-RPGs which got more than 10 awards actually (probably also because they got known on TMNFX before). Better than nothing, ok, but I think you see that its a huge difference... (no, this is not an award complain, I ust try to find arguments^^)
Golo

Postby N00BYZOR » 01.07.2012, 15:35

I really agree with you Golo.
The best that TMX moderators could make is a kind of new track-type in TMNX for those rpg that includes some united blocks.
I was thinking about that, maybe it could be possible. Because it's true that this kind of new tracks bring lot of new features in rpg community and I think it really doesn't deserves to be forgotten in TMUX...

We could try to talk with TMX moderators maybe.
;)
N00BYZOR

Postby eie » 01.07.2012, 17:15

RPG is definitely not a "special case" and shouldn't be treated as if it was.
Fullspeed tracks exist on both TMNFX and TMUFX, but they're still separated.

But you should still adress your problem on TMX instead of this forum, because complaining about it here isn't going to make any difference so make a thread there instead...
eie

Postby N00BYZOR » 01.07.2012, 18:41

What Golo means is the RPG community is only on TMNX.Indeed there are fullspeed tracks on both TMX sections, and there is fullspeed players on both too.
And it's the same with others kind of tracks, except for RPGs.
That's true there are rules, but maybe it could be possible to make something to bring stadium-RPGs-that-has-united-blocks where the RPG community is.
;)
N00BYZOR

Postby eie » 01.07.2012, 19:17

It still doesn't change the fact that it's United blocks and nobody on TMNF would be able to play the tracks without TMUF. And it shouldn't break the community just because you'd have to upload your tracks to two different TMX's, you guys are still able to talk about your tracks on this forum, united. So just upload them on TMUFX instead, because that's the logical, rational way to do it.
eie

Postby Vklf » 01.07.2012, 19:45

So... if i understand correctly...

You want your TMUF track on the TMNF site because nobody checks the TMUF site ?

Isn't that how everything new starts out ? Aren't you supposed to start a new community on TMUF...

Somebody has to start the community on TMUFX, and since nobody in the playerbase is doing it... TMX admins are forced to "help" you.

Eie +1
Vklf

Postby Golo » 01.07.2012, 19:49

eie wrote:It still doesn't change the fact that it's United blocks and nobody on TMNF would be able to play the tracks without TMUF. And it shouldn't break the community just because you'd have to upload your tracks to two different TMX's, you guys are still able to talk about your tracks on this forum, united. So just upload them on TMUFX instead, because that's the logical, rational way to do it.
I guess I cant change your opinion then (which is no problem ofc)

But I think theres no objective right or wrong concerning this, just a question about what is more important to you /to anyone.
For me its the most important that more people see this, more people can have fun and the author gets more attention. On the contra side, the only negative thing is that people without TMUF have to ignore these tracks (I think that cant be so bad) . Imo it wouldnt really break the community since it would be just few tracks (cant say anything about the developement but there wont be that many RPGs wiht United blocks).
Of course one could also argue that its unfair that RPGs should be allowed and others tracks not (like you actually do) and I do understand that ^^ ... I can just say that if there would be any kind of RPG scene on TMUX, even if it would be smaller I would be okay with it (since United-scene is smaller itself)... but I (and maybe other authors) have the fear of working extremely long on a track and get no attention at all after uploading... sure, one could advertise it here, but how many people are here active now and how many try the tracks here?? (Im actually not sure, it might be more people than I think but I also could imagine that its just 3 or 4 people here...) After all everyone needs at least some feedback I guess, of course I have fun building, I dont need 50 awards or sth, but at least a bit, else I cant find motivation, sorry.

Btw, I know mods wont look here of course, its good for discussion though imo ;)
and N00bys idea is actually quite good, one might do that (but who is responsible / or open a public thread?)
Golo

Postby Golo » 01.07.2012, 19:56

Vklf wrote:So... if i understand correctly...

You want your TMUF track on the TMNF site because nobody checks the TMUF site ?

Yeah, that sums it up...
Isn't that how everything new starts out ? Aren't you supposed to start a new community on TMUF...
Hm, what do you think I should do.... maybe one could do this in a longer period on time... I dont want my track to be kind of guinea pig though (is that word right?^^) And i still dont know if there are enough people in total to do so..even on nations RPG scene isnt that big anymore
Vklf wrote:

Somebody has to start the community on TMUFX, and since nobody in the playerbase is doing it... TMX admins are forced to "help" you.

What do you mean by this?
Golo

Postby eie » 01.07.2012, 20:09

The community isn't bound to TMNFX or TMUFX, so it doesn't even matter where you upload your track. There wouldn't be a seperation of the community if you started uploading your tracks to TMUFX. The reason the sites are split is because it makes it easier for people to find UNITED tracks and NATIONS tracks. And if you really care about lack of attention there's a lot of other ways to make people know about your tracks than uploading them to TMNFX...
eie

Postby Golo » 01.07.2012, 20:18

eie wrote:The community isn't bound to TMNFX or TMUFX, so it doesn't even matter where you upload your track. There wouldn't be a seperation of the community if you started uploading your tracks to TMUFX.
Then explain why the two stadium RPGs I uploaded on TMUX gained just 2 awards, while all other tracks (including United RPGs in Bay or Snow) gained a lot more and those 2 stadium RPGs (and also the other RPGs of mine) got about 20 awards on TMNX.
This may sound like an award discusiion I do not want, i just want to prove that you just arent right with everything you say...

eie wrote:. And if you really care about lack of attention there's a lot of other ways to make people know about your tracks than uploading them to TMNFX...
It would be nice if you could list other possibilities to advertise a track, else than:
Advertise in this forum
Advertise in the RPG thread at TMNFX, which seems to be almost dead and where I cant even link the track. And i dont want to spam it to persons or make it in a way "forcing" it
Golo

Postby Vklf » 01.07.2012, 21:17

Golo wrote:[quote='Vklf']

What do you mean by this?[/quote]

I just mean that somebody has to start uploading United maps to the United website so that other ppl will follow. Everybody is now looking at eachother waiting for whoever is gonna take the chance. Since nobody is willing to take this chance TMX admins have to step in.

Altho i do not see the importance of this whole issue (it never caused me any problems since I own united myself), I can see why they want to do it. (not everybody on tmnfx has access to united).

The whole main problem here is basicly that tmx decided to make 2 completely different sites for tmu and tmn in stead of making one site and adding an environment tag to the maps.

Buuut we have to deal with that...

MERGE ! MERGE ! MERGE ! RIIOOOOOOOOOOOOT :chainsaw:
Vklf

Postby HawkGer » 02.07.2012, 21:07

I totally agree with Golo. The way the current system is set up there won't be any possibility for these tracks to flourish, giving this genre a dead end. And that is much worse than the few inconveniences a few people might have.
Maybe try to cheat the system? I was thinking that maybe you could build some very basic RPG track and upload that on TMNX with a tag like "RPGT". Then in the comments you say that this is a RPG training map, which explains why you added the RPGT tag. At the end of your author comment you then link to your actual RPG map on TMUX, basically advertising it.

The RPG community would then somehow need to know that the RPGT tag means that the actual track can be found on TMUX and that the dummy track needs to be awarded.
I think that would be the hardest part, since you can't directly mention the connection to TMUX in your author comment. So it would have to spread by word of mouth.

Are those thoughts of a crazy-man? ^^
HawkGer
Site Admin

Postby Igntul » 02.07.2012, 21:15

too complicated

the only way of this system would be making it in front of admins, not trying to hide anything but just making a tmx page called like the track on tmux is called, upload on tmnx a track with start and finish, and maybe a fuck you admins MT text, and put nothing but the showcase in the description. that doesnt break any rule at all

still, it wouldnt get awards^^ it would just be cheap advertising
Igntul

Postby eie » 02.07.2012, 23:21

Just lock this thread already and start a thread on TMX >_<
eie

Postby XT3 » 05.07.2012, 23:50

true i agree but TMUF has a RPG tag when NAtion TMX does not. As far as i know.
XT3

Return to Board index

Return to RPG Talk