Go to footer

Realized2's Interview

Questions and thoughts about RPG in general

Realized2's Interview

Postby Promaxer » 11.09.2011, 16:20

Hello again Community!
Another interviewed, another story, another player.

This interviewed is the famous RPG driver, Realized2.
I don't really have much to say because i'm out of ideas today!

Let's start, Shall we?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long have you been playing TM?
I started playing nations forever in february/march 2009, got into RPGs around june/july
2009 (decided to try something 'different' before quitting the game for good -
different worked , quitting - not so much). Although i have tried Nations earlier, and
had sunrise cd even before that , but played both of those games offline and for a very
brief time.

About how much time took you to get those 'pro' abilities?
Heh, i don't consider those abilities 'pro' , but there was a point when a feeling
surfaced, something along the lines of "i do not afraid anymore/i can do everything". It
happened around early 2011. Also, playing tm rpg is a constantly evolving process - some
obstacles become easier and easier to overcome even now. New ways of doing tricks are
also discovered.

What does RPG mean for you?
Creativity, Endurance, Craziness, Suffering, Beauty. And Sacred Hunt of course.
It's a way of expanding racing boundaries for everyone.

Did you ever thought becoming the greatest driver of all times?
I would be lying if i said the thought didn't cross my mind. But those are dreamlike
thoughts. It requires a 'winner' mindset and some dedication, which i both lack.

Do you have a life?
Surprisingly, yes. I like to get drunk with my friends and commit random acts of heroic
vandalism. Or fix my neighbour's pc for food. Or go to open-air metalfests on a very
rare occasion.

Do you have a favorite driver?
Hmm, several! Anonymous and Hawkger from 'old' times with their godlike adaptation and
lightning-fast learning of a track. mt17 - his ability to optimize the route and produce
very polished runs.

What about your favorite creator?
Again , several. In terms of scenery - katodik. I was very impressed when i first saw
Persia and Satori. These tracks are shockingly beautiful. What's more impressive , that
those tracks were created before tmunlimiter.
And 2 builders split the crown for the fun building in general - igntul and eie. Ign
always comes with some crazy stuff and creatively puts it into his tracks. And eie - the
awesome flow creator. Also there is this warm and fuzzy feeling when i drive his tracks.
Maybe because they remind me catacombs and dungeons.
Honourable mentions: moi57 - long and crazy tracks, MisterT - Uxmal, Stromek - Ultimate
Wooden Adventures, Fish - Timeless Masterpieces, Onicole - craziness all over the place.

What do you like in RPG tracks?
Everything! Well , most of all, a room for improvisation. A way of creating/improving
flow on slow spots. Also when sometimes a track puts you through many crazy challenges
before rewarding you with finish. And of course - pathfinding.

Do you prefer the modern style of rpg building or the classical style?

Hard to say. Maybe a little bit of both. Some classic tracks didn't stand the test of time - if you play
them now i guess there would be much annoyance due to luck/plain tricks factor. But classic tracks had
these great halls, and had a very adventurous feeling, which some modern tracks lack. Well , if a track
combines great variety of well tested tricks and nice scenery , it an auto-win for me. Tho i like many
tracks, despite them being not-adventurous or having some luck spots.

Do you think RPG will be the same in 2 to 3 years?
I guess it will evolve further in every way possible. But it will be a much slower process rather how it
happened in early days of RPG. It also depends on builders. It's up to them to push this genre further.

Most of your records are made online or solo?
Online with occasional solo hunt projects (multilap/platform).

Have you had some nice vacations?
Thanks for reminding me! Haven't had a great vacation since ... ever? But what is a great vacation
really? Some people like to travel. I prefer to get away from civilization... into the dark forest, where
no human has set foot before. Oh wait , there aren't any unknown forests here. Well , getting away from
an ever-buzzing city life will do just fine.

Did you ever thought you would become this famous driver?
Heh. Nope. It just happened. But this is probably because i post a lot of replays on tmx. I would gladly
give away all this 'fame' to someone else. :)

Would you like to see Round Races back?
Yep! It could be fun if organized properly.

What did you thought of this interview?
It was an interesting and very rewarding experience. Some questions caught me off guard. Thank you ,
Promaxer , for this opportunity. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Addicional question made by Igntul:
You can log on my account, drive a few WRs, just 50-60, if you want to give someone your fame :o
Question from me: why did you never make rpg tracks, but only TT tracks? Dont wanna get too much attention? Too lazy to make scenery?

Hehe , ign , i'll gladly do that. But be warned that a 2k coppers fee will be automatically deducted from your account each time i get a dedi :)

Ok. Tough question - well , i haven't come up with enough nice ideas to create a good length rpg track yet. Also waiting for an inspiration to stab me in the back for quite a while. Nowadays i still experiment with some stuff on 1 or 2 unfinished trial tracks , trying to come up with anything remotely entertaining. You might say "hey , better try and fail rather than not try at all" , and will be right . So , don't expect anything too soon (don't hold your breath) , but maybe some day... let's hope we still will be playing. :)

And that's it, i hope everyone enjoys this interview and get to know R2 a little better ;)

Cya next time RPG fans!
[font='Impact, Compacta, Chicago, sans-serif'][/font]
Promaxer

Postby Tabasco » 11.09.2011, 18:50

Nice interview.

Do you have a life?
Surprisingly, yes.
:lol:
Tabasco

Postby Igntul » 11.09.2011, 22:07

You can log on my account, drive a few WRs, just 50-60, if you want to give someone your fame :o
question from me: why did you never make rpg tracks, but only TT tracks? Dont wanna get too much attention? Too lazy to make scenery?
:cookie:
Igntul

Postby Realized2 » 12.09.2011, 11:42

Igntul wrote:You can log on my account, drive a few WRs, just 50-60, if you want to give someone your fame :o
question from me: why did you never make rpg tracks, but only TT tracks? Dont wanna get too much attention? Too lazy to make scenery?

Hehe , ign , i'll gladly do that. But be warned that a 2k coppers fee will be automatically deducted from your account each time i get a dedi :)

Ok. Tough question - well , i haven't come up with enough nice ideas to create a good length rpg track yet. Also waiting for an inspiration to stab me in the back for quite a while. Nowadays i still experiment with some stuff on 1 or 2 unfinished trial tracks , trying to come up with anything remotely entertaining. You might say "hey , better try and fail rather than not try at all" , and will be right . So , don't expect anything too soon (don't hold your breath) , but maybe some day... let's hope we still will be playing. :)
Realized2

Postby Igntul » 12.09.2011, 12:30

coppeeeeeeeeeeeeeers :D
okay, go ahead, take 20 wr's and then you can take the 40000 all together
mark with cursor if your name isn't realized2 -> he forgot he needs my tm key to take them :)
:cookie:
Igntul

Postby Promaxer » 14.09.2011, 10:22

Update:

Added Igntul's question and realized2's answer to the post.
[font='Impact, Compacta, Chicago, sans-serif'][/font]
Promaxer

Postby VagaB » 15.09.2011, 16:28

What is your favourite RPG track of all time ?
VagaB

Postby Shortz » 18.09.2011, 16:57

thats what I wanted, thx promax & r2 <3
Proud Member of team BX3, no loose ends!
Youtube
Shortz

Postby sogard » 27.02.2012, 21:27

Keep doing these interviews, they are awesome. :cookie: :sniper: :beer: :chainsaw:
sogard

Postby Hokiebird » 13.03.2012, 17:52

Hey! Someone else likes round races other than me!
Hokiebird

Return to Board index

Return to RPG Talk