Go to footer

tmmod.info revival Plan

tmmod.info revival Plan

Postby XT3 » 24.10.2013, 21:30

If you have been reading the instachat. Then You notice that I have been talking about remaking the tmmod.info site.[s] Due to school I can get a free site hosting for a set time though it'll cost money after my grace period. So I will need to set up a donation div for people to donate money to maintain the site.[/s]

Now I have made a beta of what the site can and does work like. Using MySQL and PHP I can organize and host the mod data in a database. This database can link to the mod file and we can host a good set on the site. Second I can write it so we can organize and sort the mods that are loaded. So you can search by jus, Environments, Mod Author, etc. Sounds cool right? Will I don't want this to be a one man show. I know Eie might help and I have a few ideas for names of the site. ManiaMod.com, ManiaMod.net and if I can buy it. tmmod.info. Yeah not kidding. its for sale!

:D The fun thing is that I am going to be a web designer so I know how to write CSS, HTML, JavaScript and PHP. SO I want to know who is willing to help?
Last edited by XT3 on 28.10.2013, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
XT3

Postby ZiZa » 25.10.2013, 22:47

hello

are you talking about a mod-listing with screens/descriptions or a mod-hosting?

ziza
ZiZa

Postby XT3 » 25.10.2013, 23:27

Both actually. I can host a good bunch of mods and have links to other hosting if I run low on room
XT3

Postby ZiZa » 26.10.2013, 10:48

i actally think that we dont really need a new host-page, since we have vinummusik, which is a really reliable source for mod-hosting. But a mod-database with screens and descriptions will be quite useful, but you could also start to update the mod-section on the RPG-blog
ZiZa

Postby Tabasco » 26.10.2013, 12:38

The database here can use for all....
include mods....(linked with pictures)

but in past there is no one how make this mods inside the database.
reported enough but only reported....
Tabasco

Postby XT3 » 26.10.2013, 14:57

Well I guess it can be the vinummusik site however I have written and created a database that shifts through all the mods in a database I created. I also had help when writing it to the point where someone could upload a knew mod into the database, edit a mod and delete a mod.

Its tricky but I haven't added an image column in the MySQL database. but I know its possible. Like I said before its the ability to look through the different mods. vinummusik has the links to the files which can be added to the database.
XT3

Postby ZiZa » 26.10.2013, 21:55

the point here is: i want all the files to be on vinummusik, and i want all locators point to vinum because of one simple reason: hawk will not stop the host anytime soon. and since it's hard to get all the tracks updated when a mod-site dies(tmmod.info for example), we're just all best off using vinummusik. Dont get me wrong here, maybe you will run the same great service as hawk does, but also, maybe you wont. Donations should in my opinion go to hawk so he can pay and expand the available space on vinum. He's been doing it for ages now so he sure deserves some support. Running a mod-info page is also much cheaper for you since you dont really need any traffic/disk space. For a project like this i could probably offer some space on my rootserver, or maybe integrate it to vinummusik alltogether(that's hawks decision ofc)

ZiZa
ZiZa

Postby XT3 » 27.10.2013, 04:23

ZiZa wrote:the point here is: i want all the files to be on vinummusik, and i want all locators point to vinum because of one simple reason: hawk will not stop the host anytime soon. and since it's hard to get all the tracks updated when a mod-site dies(tmmod.info for example), we're just all best off using vinummusik. Dont get me wrong here, maybe you will run the same great service as hawk does, but also, maybe you wont. Donations should in my opinion go to hawk so he can pay and expand the available space on vinum. He's been doing it for ages now so he sure deserves some support. Running a mod-info page is also much cheaper for you since you dont really need any traffic/disk space. For a project like this i could probably offer some space on my rootserver, or maybe integrate it to vinummusik alltogether(that's hawks decision ofc)

ZiZa

I see your point. I do agree but i have the code to do it is the thing and i want to try it. Besides i got my site BlackVoid in the works which i can host my test of the site. All it is a a database of mods that you can sort through. I remember someone talking about making vinummusik easer to cruise besides i already have the code. Why not try to test it. Personally i talked to Hawk about the look of his site. ALl i would be doing is adding the ability to sort through all the different mods
XT3

Postby ZiZa » 27.10.2013, 13:43

which is a great idea! But it sounded to me like you want to host lots of things aswell since you were talking about financing and stuff
ZiZa

Return to Board index

Return to Smalltalk