Go to footer

Is there anybody out there ?

Is there anybody out there ?

Postby slidingfish » 07.07.2013, 12:14

Hello everybody,

since two weeks i'm beginning rpg mapping, while gathering several bookmarks and usefull informations i came accross this site multiple times, so i decide to suscribe and present.

First of all, sliding...fish, not intentionnal, i'm pretty new to TM & my pseudonyms are often including this fishy words. Throught my discovering of Rpg i saw great works by Fish and tell me "oh a fish mate !" until i try to play his wonderfullhardly races :D

Most like: pathfinding / community
Skills: If you tell me how to do, step by step, carefully and sloooowly, pehaps i will not fail :whistling:

I played TM a lot of years ago, solo campaign and some online speed tracks, then forgot this game, last christmas santa claus lead me to a new try... And in a trap -> RPG server.

Was totally awasomed by those works and the community of players who helped me to start at this.

Like i said, since two weeks i fall in another trap, RPG map making. There was no roadsign to prevents me...

As a beginner, i not pretend to being an active user, but wish to take this occasion to say hello & thanks to all. I saw a old topic of popgun about mods making and interrests, don't wanna to necropost so be aware i'm using the cardboardmod for my firstmap, and if there is a place intending to share this informations i will stick with it.

Good Day all !
slidingfish

Postby eie » 07.07.2013, 12:53

Welcome aboard !

Sadly there is no escaping from the trap we call RPG :)
I'm too cool to have a signature...
eie

Postby XT3 » 08.07.2013, 22:51

HELLO! nice to meet you
XT3

Postby popgun » 08.07.2013, 23:14

Hi and welcome. :)

Sure people are still around. You can play them online every night, but I think that will change soon. Since I bought trackmania original in the 1st week it came out, I've watched many times how fast the servers empty when a new version is released.

People want to play on the new game versions and the shiney new servers that pop up as soon as they appear, and if that means an upgrade, then that's what they do.

This will happen now that Trackmania 2 has the recently released stadium environment. Especially since Hawkger and the guys have been putting tremendous effort into an upcoming RPG custom block pack, for us lot to download and use in game.

I haven't bought the game yet, and if Nadeo don't sort out the lighting I probably won't. :(

I don't want to sound negative here as each update has always added so much more fun to the game, that its always worth the upgrade. And of course, they will still come on here to chinwag about it!

But there's my prediction. Call me Nostro'pop'damus if you like, but if it doesn't happen in the next few months, I'll eat my chocolate hat.

pop
Loads of mods, loads of tracks. Look em up. :)
popgun

Postby gugaruz » 09.07.2013, 17:38

hi there! :)
Add Zizaspub--> maniaplanet:///#addfavourite=zizaspub
Join Zizaspub-->maniaplanet:///#join=zizaspub
gugaruz

Postby Golo » 09.07.2013, 18:57

popgun wrote:Hi and welcome. :)

Sure people are still around. You can play them online every night, but I think that will change soon. Since I bought trackmania original in the 1st week it came out, I've watched many times how fast the servers empty when a new version is released.

People want to play on the new game versions and the shiney new servers that pop up as soon as they appear, and if that means an upgrade, then that's what they do.

This will happen now that Trackmania 2 has the recently released stadium environment. Especially since Hawkger and the guys have been putting tremendous effort into an upcoming RPG custom block pack, for us lot to download and use in game.

I haven't bought the game yet, and if Nadeo don't sort out the lighting I probably won't. :(

I don't want to sound negative here as each update has always added so much more fun to the game, that its always worth the upgrade. And of course, they will still come on here to chinwag about it!

But there's my prediction. Call me Nostro'pop'damus if you like, but if it doesn't happen in the next few months, I'll eat my chocolate hat.

pop
But in this case the situation isnt comparable to TMO==>TMU
I think its because TMN is the only free game and many people want to stick with that.
Also TM2 has still some disadvantages.
Stadium is actually still alot more popular on TMNX than on mania-exchange... I dont know how about servers
Golo

Postby beep » 10.07.2013, 06:09

Lot of server on TM2 stadium, but all are empty

only lol and fullspeed server arent empty
4F clan
beep

Return to Board index

Return to Introduce Yourself